Teaching Remotely: Academic Continuity
Note To Faculty
You should have completed some tasks to begin teaching remotely. Faculty should use the resources below to continue to facilitate student success remotely. We do not know how long we will have to work remotely, but try to make the best of it and practice some flexibility with students. From here on, the Center for Teaching for Learning will be working hard with other departments to help you sustain Academic Continuity
CCAC CTL Teaching Remotely Checklist
Faculty did you:
- Send an announcement message to students?
- Decide how you will communicate with your students (Zoom, Panopto, etc.)?
- Post your modified syllabus with the course schedule of assignments in your Blackboard course?
- Post your course learning outcomes and module outcomes?
- Pick a Content area where you will share course content with students (course documents or assignment section)?
- Post at least one assignment with instructions on how students should upload their assignments?
- Take a quick survey of student needs?
- Break up your material and create mini assignments?
- Decide how you will give feedback to students and communicate that to students?
- Seek help for students who don’t have the materials to complete your courses?
- Reach out to internal/external colleagues for teaching tips remotely?
- Contact accrediting bodies for any changes related to your discipline (if applicable)?
- Choose a general educational goal to measure to complete your assessment?
- Use the Blackboard Accessibility Checklist and CCAC Supportive Service resources?
- Keep calm and maintain your confidence?
- Review the library update.
Teaching Remotely Resources
Review Bb and Zoom recordings and training schedule. Instructional guides are included.
The Virtual Campus continues to provide an inclusive training schedule. If you have not worked with Blackboard, it's okay, but you will need some basic Blackboard Training. There is also BB training for students who need help getting started. Please contact Dean Millie Rodriguez with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click below for official Blackboard on Demand Support.